Effective Date: June 30, 2022
We at Royal Connec, Inc., along with our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Royal Connec”), respect your concerns about privacy.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we may use the information and with whom we may share it. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information. In addition, we tell you how you can ask us to (i) access or change the personal information we maintain about you, (ii) withdraw consent you previously provided to us, (iii) refrain from sending you certain communications, and (iv) answer questions you may have about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any contractual rights or obligations.
This notice does not apply to The Royal Connec Store or any other retail location. This Notice does not apply to any subsidiary or affiliate of United Parcel Service, Inc. that maintains its own privacy notice, including The Royal Connec Store or any other retail location.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries or territories in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Information We Obtain
We may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the UPS websites and applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pick-up of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which we participate, (v) promotions and other offers, and (vi) calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the sender’s, and consignee’s and/or neighbor’s (for Royal Connec My Choice’s “leave with neighbor” feature) name, physical address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) UPS account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content.
- Information that enables us to verify an individual’s identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Information provided in response to surveys
- Username, password and other credentials used to access Royal Connec products and services
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) we obtain through Royal Connec-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (including third-party login services such as “Login with Facebook”)
- The geographic location of your mobile device if you use certain features of our apps
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or prize draws
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a Royal Connec product or service
We also receive consumer personal information from our customers in order to perform services. We may receive personal information from third parties, including public databases, social media platforms, or third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers.
When we pick up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with UPS-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages or apps to web servers and may be used to transmit information back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain and store “clickstream” data to tell us usage patterns. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our websites or apps. Both we and others (such as our advertising networks) may collect personal information about our visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites, when using our websites and apps.
We collect session analytics information when you visit our websites and applications to help us understand our customers’ online activities – browsing behavior, click patterns, and the pages you visited. This information is also helpful to our experience teams so they can design better experiences for you.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” button, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, supply chain management, customs clearance and brokerage services, and financial services)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Send you tracking updates (from Royal Connec and/or our business partners) and help you select convenient delivery options
- Establish and manage your Royal Connec account (including your online account on RoyalConnec.com and its various features, such as the address book and the Royal Connec Billing Center)
- Offer you products and services we believe may interest you
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programmers, surveys, contests, prize draws and other offers or promotions
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with Royal Connec through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services)
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search and analytics, trend analysis and profiling, financial analysis and anonymization of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims
- Monitor and report compliance issues
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites and apps, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites and apps, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your postcode) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites and apps, identify users of our websites and apps, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine usage patterns and how we may tailor our websites and apps to better meet the needs of our users. Our websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
On our websites and apps, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform our pick-up and delivery services, we share shipping information with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payers and recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, franchisees, resellers and joint marketing partners. These entities, which collectively are referred to here as the “Royal Connec Business Partners”, may use the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may share physical location data with our Royal Connec Business Partners and other third parties to, for example, enhance location-based services and develop accurate and up-to-date maps. In addition, except as described below, unless you object, we may share other personal information with third parties who are not Royal Connec Business Partners for those parties’ own purposes, such as to offer products or services that may interest you.
Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to your use of a Facebook “Like” button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and Royal Connec is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Many of our customers outsource all or a part of their supply chains to us. Through our forwarding and logistics business units, we manage these supply chains, focusing on supply chain optimization, freight forwarding and international trade and brokerage services for our customers worldwide (including a broad range of transportation solutions such as air, ocean and ground freight). We also provide information technology systems and distribution facilities adapted to the unique supply chains of specific industries such as health care, technology and consumer/retail businesses. In the course of providing forwarding and logistics services, we may obtain, use and disclose personal information about our customers’ customers. In these circumstances, we process the information based on the agreement with our customer.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, selecting the Email Unsubscribe link below, adjusting your email preferences in your ups.com profile, or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request. Consistent with the choices available in the “Information We Share” section, you may withdraw your consent or object to certain information sharing by selecting the Privacy Preferences Centre link below or by contacting us as indicated below. In addition, as required by law, you may object at any time on legitimate grounds and free of charge to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information Request
To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please visit the consumer opt-out page at:
View the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below.
Access and Correction
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information through your ups.com account on UPS.com or (ii) you may have the right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity and/or may ask you to provide other details before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. We use contractual protections for the transfer of personal information among various jurisdictions (including, for example, the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses).
We do not knowingly collect personal information through our websites or apps from persons under the age of 13. If you believe anyone under age 13 has provided personal information to us, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice and we will work to delete it.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of a package or letter may be visible to others.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This Addendum applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
We describe the personal information we have collected about consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of the Royal Connec Privacy Notice in the part titled, “Information We Obtain.” The information we have obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, physical address, email address, username, password and other credentials used to access Royal Connec products and services, social media handles, and, when you visit our websites, use our apps or interact with Royal Connec-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, Internet Protocol address and unique device identifier.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) signature, (3) telephone number, (4) payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers), and (5) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Obtain.”
- Commercial information, including (1) records of services purchased or received from Royal Connec, (2) information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content, (3) information on actions taken on Royal Connec websites or mobile apps, which may include information about Royal Connec services considered, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with Royal Connec websites and mobile apps, and Royal Connec advertisements that we display on Royal Connec websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, physical address and email address and telephone or fax number.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with Royal Connec-related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
We collect this personal information from sources including yourself directly and others (e.g., ecommerce retailers) whom you instruct to interact with us on your behalf, shippers, consignees and other customers, including customers of our forwarding and logistics services, public databases, social networks, and third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers. For more information, please see “Information We Obtain” in the Royal Connec Privacy Notice.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have disclosed email addresses of certain customers of Royal Connec for monetary or other valuable consideration within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of the Royal Connec Privacy Notice to customers who purchase shipping services from Royal Connec and business partners who support Royal Connec transportation operations, such as business partners at which Royal Connec has located Access Point® lockers. As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet Web sites, we may also have disclosed certain identifiers, information about the use of our websites and apps, and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising, and analytics partners for monetary or other valuable consideration. These disclosures may qualify as “sales” of personal information under California law.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Addendum for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of personal information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “Information We Share” in the Royal Connec Privacy Notice.
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law, without affirmative authorization.
Use of Personal Information about California Consumers
We use the personal information we collect about California consumers for the business purposes disclosed within the Royal Connec Privacy Notice. For more information, please see “How We Use the Information We Obtain” in the Royal Connec Privacy Notice.
The business purposes for which we may use personal information about California consumers include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, purposes disclosed elsewhere in this Addendum or the UPS Privacy Notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, including:
- Specific pieces of information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected from you.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, click Do Not Sell My Personal Information or as provided below under “Requests to Exercise Your Rights.” To opt out of the collection of personal information by certain of our social media, advertising, and analytics partners, you can also visit the following sites:
For requests made in connection with the Right to Know and/or Right to Delete, please note:
- as required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, physical address, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with UPS, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to Royal Connec by your personal information. We may limit our response to your exercise of rights as permitted by law.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
-Calling us at 717-298-7933.
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us via the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that you provided signed permission to the authorized agent to submit the request;
- You to verify your identity directly with us; or
- You to directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below. To make such a request, please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Web sites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.
Metrics Regarding Privacy Requests
Please see the chart below for metrics relating to our handling of California rights requests in the period from January 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021.
|Type of Request||Number of Requests Received||Number of Requests Complied With (in whole or in part)||Number of Requests Denied*||Mean Days to Substantive Response|
|Requests to Know||13||7||6||41.5|
|Requests to Delete||85||39||46||25.2|
|Requests to Opt-Out||2||2||0||1|
|Do Not Sell My Personal Information||2,053||2,053||0||1 business day|
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Addendum, please contact us by email using Royal Connec Contact Page.
You also may write to us at:
Royal Connec Corporate Headquarters
Attention: Global Privacy Manager
55 Glenlake Parkway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
UPS: Privacy Notice – EEA Addendum
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the following additional EEA-specific provisions apply to our processing of your personal information. For EEA residents, the provisions of this EEA Addendum prevail over conflicting provisions in the Privacy Notice.
Relevant Data Controller
In addition to United Parcel Service, Inc., our subsidiaries and affiliates located in the EEA collect personal information.
Information We Obtain
We process names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information on the assumption that the person who provided the information obtained it in accordance with applicable law. If this assumption is incorrect, please do not ask us to send information to third parties on your behalf.
We may need certain of your information in order to provide services, such as street addresses to deliver packages, or to use our website or our apps, such as your IP address. In addition, we may be required by law to collect certain information, such as whether a package contains hazardous materials. Where such information is so required, we may be unable to provide you with our services unless you provide us with this information.
In accordance with applicable law, we may obtain your consent separately before collecting information by automated means using cookies or similar devices. To learn more about the cookies and similar devices we use, please see our Cookies Policy.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
The legal bases for which we collect, use, transfer or disclose your personal information include (i) the performance of the contract we have with you, (ii) marketing, improvement of our services and other legitimate business interests, (iii) compliance with a legal obligation, and (iv) the protection of yours and others vital interests. The corresponding purposes for which we process your personal information are systematically included in the “How We Use the Information We Obtain” section in the Privacy Notice above.
We may process your personal information based on your consent, where required by law. If we request your consent, we will inform you of the intended purposes for which your information will be processed. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, you may not be able to participate in or benefit from our programs, services and initiatives for which you provided consent. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law. Our retention policies reflect local statute of limitation periods and national statutory obligations of Royal Connec.
International Data Transfers
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, we may transfer your personal information to countries that have not been found by the European Commission to provide adequate protection, including the United States. For any such transfers, Royal Connec takes necessary contractual measures to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection (including, for example, standard contractual clauses). For further information about Royal Connec’s international data transfer practices, and to consult the said contractual measures, please contact us using the contact details in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
Your Personal Information Rights
In addition to the right to access and correction, as specified above (under “Access and Correction” in the main body of this Notice), you have (i) the right to request the transmission of the personal information you have provided to us to you or another company, (ii) the right to object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information, (iii) the right to withdraw your consent in relation to our processing of your personal information based on your consent, (iv) the right to request deletion of your personal information and (iv) the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information.
You may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unreasonable, for instance because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. Before Royal Connec is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. For the exercise of your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided above in the “How to Contact Us” section. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a Data Protection Authority.
Royal Connec Freight Less-than-Truckload (“LTL”) transportation services are offered by TFI International Inc., its affiliates or divisions (including without limitation TForce Freight), which are not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“Royal Connec”). Royal Connec assumes no liability in connection with Royal Connec Freight LTL transportation services or any other services offered or provided by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries or related entities.