Responsible for marketing and communications support activities, with primary focus on creative and graphic design projects for Yellow internal and external audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Marketing leadership and internal customers in safety, operations, sales, human resources, etc. in order to create a variety of marketing materials.
- Create print and electronic material such as sales brochures, banners, internal communication pieces, signage, graphics, and videos.
- Function as a content specialist to complete graphic design, writing and proofreading/editing projects within defined brand standards.
- Facilitate/manage print, development and distribution project deadlines as needed.
- Assist with event and tradeshow support, providing marketing material and working with external vendors on merchandise requests.
- Other projects and assignments as requested.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Willingness to adapt positively to constantly change and shifting priorities and expectations of the Marketing team.
- Building Trusting Relationships: Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions. Establishing trust with internal partners as a representative of Marketing.
- Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals. Obtaining the necessary information to carry out your responsibilities and keeping other project/team stakeholders in the loop. Seek out perspectives and background information from others, as appropriate. Always seek to add value through Marketing support.
- Communication: Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others. Exercise strong written and oral communication internally and externally, adjusting messaging and medium to match the audience.
- Continuous Learning: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. Being willing to tackle new projects, systems and assignments in the interest of learning, growth and development.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive. Think a step ahead, anticipate the needs and expectations of others.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, advertising or marketing.
- At least two (2) years of experience in internal communications and graphic design in a marketing and/or advertising agency setting.
- Strong design skills in creative platforms such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal
- Experience with brand standards and presentation techniques.
- Flexible approach to projects and priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Adept at communication with individuals at all levels of the organization and with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment across in-person and virtual modes.
- Minimal travel as needed.
- Corporate and/or advertising agency work experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks, such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 20 lbs. of supplies and materials is required.