Responsible for developing and promoting business development strategies to increase Corporate Account sales. Ensure business growth strategies are met and are aligned with company sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the company in corporate sales planning and development. Identify areas of new business growth as well as increase business with current customers.
- Negotiate contracts to ensure a sufficient profit margin is realized.
- Develop and champion for growth specific sales verticals across all operating companies.
- Collaborate with Pricing and Marketing to develop strategic plans for profitable corporate revenue stream. Identify tactical implementation plans to realize strategy and translate strategy into plans for the Corporate Account sales team.
- Maintain knowledge of the operating company’s products, services, pricing programs and sales tools.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of the company’s competitors and the marketplace. Enhance sales development performance by keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Create and define value for the customer by understanding their business model, along with their specific needs and competitive position. Engage the customer and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Monitor new corporate accounts to ensure revenue sales objectives are achieved. Work with corporate sales team on any issues impacting sales objectives.
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message, listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent education and sales experience.
- Seven (7) years sales experience.
- Sales experience in transportation, logistics or a related business or activity with a clear understanding of multiple modes and service within the transportation/logistics industry.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices in transportation/logistics industry.
- Demonstrated effective and creative problem solving, quantitative analysis, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct group presentations as well as communicate effectively with peers, senior management and customers.
- Minimum 50% travel.
- Corporate sales experience in transportation industry with three (3) years in management.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs. of supplies and materials is required.